Friday, January 13, 2012

Invocations to the Immaculate Heart

          I honor thee, O most amiable Heart of Mary, and I entreat thee, most loving Mother, to inflame my lukewarm heart with the fires of thine own burning.

One Hail Mary and Glory be.

          I honor thee, O most pure Heart of Mary, in which grows the beautiful lily of virginal purity, and I entreat thee, my Immaculate Mother, to purity my heart, infusing into it thine own virtues of purity and chastity.

One Hail Mary and Glory be.

          I honor thee, most afflicted Heart of Mary, pierced by the sword of sorrow by reason of the passion and death of thy beloved Son, Jesus, and the offenses committed against His Divine Majesty. Deign, sorrowful and grief stricken Mother, to soften and pierce my stony heart with a deepening sorrow for my sins and with the bitterest lamentations for the outrages and insults which the heart of my adorable Redeemer receives from ungrateful sinners.

One Hail Mary and Glory be.

No comments: